We are back at the hospital with Coop. Crohns problems rear their ugly head once again. His dilation from 3 weeks ago has already closed down again. And after a rushed ER visit yesterday when he started throwing up and scared the heck out of us, a CT scan he rocked without sedation, and various doctors and nurses poking and prodding him... They decided he was safe enough to wait until Monday for another dilation surgery (they determined it was not a complete blockage) but not safe enough to return home.
It blows my mind that 10 small centimeters of Crohns infected colon can do so much damage.
Coop is being tough. Dave and I are being tough. Grace and Liam are being tough. But I so wish none of us had to. I wish we could all be heading for a day at the zoo, or running weekend errands, or just lounging around the house with the most concerning thing on our minds being what to make for dinner. To tell the truth, the happy Instagram pics and Facebook statuses kinda break my heart sometimes. I long for normal, boring days at home with all my kids happy and healthy.
Instead we are arranging childcare and puppy care and trying to make the best most informed decisions we can for Coop. We are trying to keep him happy and us calm and wracking our brains for how to do each and every procedure and doctor/nurse interaction with the least amount of stress to his already stressed little mind and body. Not to mention worrying about our 2 kiddos at home who are worried and homesick for the 3 of us.
Sorry. This is not a happy post. Or even a post with any pretty pictures. But sometimes it just feels better to write it all down, you know? Even if it's raw and ugly, poorly written, and badly photographed. ;) Plus it is the best way to reach all you Cooper-lovers with an update. Sorry we can't text or call each and every one of you. Coop is demanding every second of our time, so this is the best we can do for now.
Say some prayers for Coopie when you have a spare minute over the next few days. And for his surgeons and doctors. And for Dave and I to find the best possible course for relief for him and feel confident in our decisions.