Tuesday, May 29, 2012

book review!

You know that perfectly put together Mom in your kid's class?  The one who is dressed adorably, hair perfect, makeup on......at 8 am?  You just want to dislike her.  (Well, if you are me, in your yoga pants and ponytail, because I'm jealous like that.)  But then, you get to know her and she is the sweetest darn thing.  The one who will drop off home baked goodies when you are sick, invite your child over for impromptu play dates to give you a few hours peace, and offer to pick you up necessities when your husband is out of town.  That's my neighbor folks.  :)  And even though we are so darn busy with our children we can barely say hi at the bus stop, I just adore having her for a neighbor and fellow mom friend.

Shannon Hyland-Tassava


And, she has written a book!  The Essential Stay-at-Home Mom Manual: How to Have a Wondrous Life Amidst Kids and Chaos, by Shannon Hyland-Tassava, Ph.D.  She certainly didn't earn her Ph.D. by being a slouch.  She is a stay-at-home-mom with letters behind her name and everything.  So when she writes a manual about raising kids and staying at home, I think it might be a good idea to read it.  ;)



It is a great book, divided up into easy to read chapters that can be skipped around and read as you need or want.  For me, I turned to Chapter 4 (At-Home Fitness) because frankly, Shannon is in great shape and I wanted to get her tips and tricks.  And also, Chapter 7 (Keeping Your House Clean) because Shannon's house is clean and mine is, well, not so much.  ;)  There are easy to incorporate tips in each chapter that will maybe motivate me to work out and clean.  Hee hee.  But it is a fun read, that isn't preachy or pushy.  Just gentle advice to help a busy mom get on (or stay on) track.  

This is the perfect book to stick in a new mom's gift, or a fun read for us 'veterans' who need polishing in a few areas.  Grab your own copy here!

1 comment:

  1. Ohmygosh, I don't know what I ever did to get so lucky as to have Angel flatter me so, but...awwww, thanks, Angel!!! I would have written this book even if no one ever would have read it or liked it, because that's the way I am, but the best thing EVER is when a friend and fellow mom appreciates something I have to say. I count myself lucky to have you in my tribe, Angel!

    ReplyDelete